What Employers Should Know About the Work & Travel Program
WISE® Work & Travel Program matches your company with highly motivated university and college students from around the world and provides them with the authorization and support they need to be a valuable part of your seasonal team.
Benefits of Working with WISE® to Recruit Seasonal Employees
- Thoroughly pre-screened candidates.
- The option to be actively involved in the applicant interviewing process.
- Working with a Department of State designated sponsor of the Summer Work and Travel Program that handles the complete visa application process.
- Open and consistent communication between your company and WISE®.
- WISE® site visits during the program.
- Time saving measures through mass recruiting.
- WISE® organized participant health insurance.
- Reduced worker turnover.
- Added international prospective.
Spring Program: March – July (4 month maximum)
Students arrive as early as March 1 and work as late as July 5. Participants are from the Philippines.
Summer Program: May – October (4 month maximum)
Students arrive as early as mid-May and as late as early July. Participants generally are from the Northern Hemisphere.
Winter Program: December – April (4 month maximum)
Students arrive from early to mid-December. Participants generally are from the Southern Hemisphere.
Host Employer Requirements
To become a host employer for J-1 participant you will need to:
- Enter into a Host Employer Agreement with the WISE® Foundation
- Provide written job offers
- Provide WISE® with a copy of your business license
- Provide WISE® with workers compensation documentation
- Provide WISE® with photos of employee housing